Sunday, July 09, 2006

the dandelion...

Many a times i go to the fence
Times when i am my solitary friend.
I stand by it and share a silent thought.

Sometimes I wonder who I truly am
Just another person
With a fence built across my heart.

A heart thus divided
In eternal conflict
Two faces to my true self.

But today by the fence
A sudden thought shakes my very soul.
A sudden realization
Of what is left of my life.

I've fought all pains
Lived through tough times
A struggle every moment
A fight for my rights.

Victorious against time's tide
I suddenly realize
I've lost my smile.

Disturbed and distressed
I lean against the fence.
Tears filling up my eyes
I look across to the other side.

& lo, guess what I see?
One one side I had lost my smile
And right across the fence
The dandelion has it.

1 Comments:

Blogger SCRIBBLEZ TO WAKEUP said...

This is awesome....On the other side the smile was there....i can relate to it after being in mucky situations. but I didnt loose my smile...:) :)

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home