Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Old Path, White Clouds...

They say that God but blesses a few
And I am one truly blessed.
He has given me all that I have ever wanted,
I truly am the king amongst kings.
And yet I yearn to be the traveller
Out to discover life.

Youth in me, I know no fear
As I walk the road on a journey,
To which I have no destination.

Walking the proud strides of a man,
I see an old path
And it lures me away from my road.
Now I walk in the steps of the one's who walked before me.

The gentle breeze and the fragrant flowers
The birds chirp me on further down the path,
With the grass so green by the side.
And then i raise my eyes up to the heavens,
Only to see the white clouds stare me down.

I hear them mocking and quietly pointing,
"There goes yet another one,
He thinks he has to see it all.
He's left all that was to be his behind,
Only to find his destiny."

And then they gently float away.

Simple yet harsh,
These words humble my pride.
And as the one's before me did,
I sit on a stone
And think back upon my life.

The whole world envied,
And i gave it all away
Just so that I could find more to meet the eye.
I tried too hard to find new things,
Only to loose what I once had.

God made me a king
But I choose to be the traveller.

A moment's sadness eclipses my soul
But then i hear this faint tune
That makes me raise my eyes,
And I see the clouds lead the way down the old path.
They just smile and wave back,

"Hasten fellow traveller,
We have a long path ahead of us."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home