Thursday, December 04, 2008

the Ghost of the Banyan Tree (intro)...


It is when people begin to simply walk straight through you, that you realize that you might be dead. But it took quite some bit of being ignored of and being unheard to for me to grasp the hint of my demise (thinking that you are asleep and that all this is a dream is a convincing argument, but it only lasts for so long). One fine day I seemed to have begun to cease to exist to this world. Should have been easy to deal with considering that I found myself suddenly availed of an entirely separate dimension to frolic around in, instead I find myself inexplicably entrenched in an elliptical orbit gravitated around the Banyan tree.


Being a ghost has its advantages. For one, ghosts are bullet and bomb proof (even Godrej safes are dubiously missing the later part of this guarantee). You see, what I am, is nothing more than an idea, a thought, a belief and a voice liberated enough to permeate into omnipresence. One may convincingly argue that ideas, thoughts, beliefs and voices have no address; they are to be found everywhere. But one must begin from somewhere, and in any case, materialism does filter up to the paranormal. So remember the one place that you must know to be assured to find me if you happen to come looking for me. I am the ghost of the Banyan tree,


& i live above Masi’s chai ki ketli, on Fathegunj road, Fathegunj, Baroda – 390 002

...The address sure doesn’t read too well, I agree. Anyone even remotely familiar with Baroda geography will vouch for, that living right above the Fathegunj main road does not bode very well. But there are certain de facto benefits of being a resident amidst the hulla-bulla of the said area, especially if you happen to be a ghost and at the same time happen to have a humorous aura (no bones for Mr. Ghost, you see) and loves a good gossip. In retrospect though, I should not have had spent all that time sipping that damn cuppa tea!


:)


welcome!

3 Comments:

Blogger Kavi said...

So...there are pluses. Of being a ghost too !

I didnt have that perspective before !

:)

8:57 PM  
Blogger Miladysa said...

Nice :D

I think you would like my RoYds - Refuge of Delayed Souls posts ;D

12:19 PM  
Blogger gP said...

LOL! (ok should i be laughing?)

this is a brilliant piece bro!

//You see, what I am, is nothing more than an idea, a thought, a belief and a voice liberated enough to permeate into omnipresence. //

:)

5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home